Word To PDF
Convert Word to Pdf online
PDF files are great because they can be used as high-quality documents on almost every platform. There are versions of PDF files that are subsets of the file format standardized by ISO. This takes away a particular risk to the client's ability to copy in the future.
The great thing about PDFs is that they always look the same, no matter what platform you use to open them. PDFs are great for sharing corporate documents, invoices, and manuscripts because they can be printed and cannot be changed.
1. Convert Word To Pdf Using Microsoft Word
Since you'll probably write and finish the document in Word, it's one of the best ways to convert Word to PDF and back. But before we show you how to convert Word to PDF, we need to talk about the different ways you can save your work.
Recent versions of Microsoft Word, like Student, Home, and Microsoft 365, automatically save the document as a Microsoft Word Docx file format using cloud storage, usually One Drive.
To change a Word file into a PDF file using Microsoft Word, open the File you want to change and do the following:
- In the top left corner of the screen, click File.
- If you saved your Word file in the cloud, click Save a Copy and choose where to save it. Any place on your computer where you can save files is acceptable, including One Drive. If you saved your Word file on your PC, you could skip to the next step.
2. Convert Word to PDF Using Adobe Acrobat Pro
Adobe Acrobat Pro makes it even easier to change Word to PDF. But Adobe Acrobat Pro costs money, and as we've already said, not everyone can use Adobe Acrobat.
With that in mind, there are two ways to change Word files into PDF files, which we'll explain below.
- Open Adobe Acrobat Pro. As in the picture below, you should see an action window when you start the program.
- Choose the option to Make a PDF from the File.
- There will be an Open window. Find your Word file, click on it, and then click Open.
Adobe adds some commands to the menu that appears when you right-click your mouse in Windows. You can change Word to PDF with one of these commands.
- Open File Explorer by pressing WIN+E and find the Word file you want to turn into a PDF.
- Right-clicking on the document will bring up the context menu.
- Choose Turn to Adobe PDF. Adobe will start the process, and a window called "Save Adobe PDF File As" will appear, asking you where to save the File.
- Click "Save" to put the PDF file in a specific place.
Your document will be saved as a PDF in a place you choose on your PC or OneDrive.
3. Convert Word to PDF With Google Docs
For those who don't have access to Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can write and then edit the document in Google Docs.
We'll assume you've already written and finished the document using Microsoft Word or some other word-processing program or text editor, such as Windows Notepad. This fantastic option lets you transform various file formats, such as *.txt to PDF.
How to convert and upload your Word document to PDF using Google Docs:
- Log in to Google Docs.
- If creating a new document using Google Docs, click a template under Start New Document and skip to the 5th step.
- Click on an Open File Picker on the right-hand edge of your screen.
- If the File has been stored on One Drive, find it under the My Drive tab, select the File and select it to open. If the File is store locally, browse it under the tab Upload. After the File is opened, it will be loaded to Google Docs.
4. Convert Word to PDF With Web Apps
If you're not keen on having to pay for Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat Pro, Google Docs is a unique and accessible option to draft and convert documents into PDFs.
If you're seeking fast conversions without the need to sign in to your Google account and then import/export documents, you can choose one of the numerous websites offering Word conversion tools. Here are a few of the most effective ones we've come across on the internet:
LightPDF is among the top online converters for documents you can find online because it's accessible, user-friendly, and allows you to convert Word documents to PDF and other conversions to file formats. It is unnecessary to sign up for an account or sign in to the service to use LightPDF; however, doing this is beneficial since the program allows you to save the converted files rather than erase them after downloading them.